Foodland's Commitment: Foodland respects your privacy and is committed to safeguarding any personal information that you provide through our Foodland to You website (“Website”).
Purpose: This Policy describes how your personal information may be collected when you visit the Website at www.shop.foodland.com, use our mobile applications, shop in our stores or email, call or otherwise communicate with us. It also describes how your personal information may be used, when it may be disclosed, and the steps we take to prevent unauthorized use or disclosure. Your use of the Website is governed by the Terms and Conditions of Use, and we recommend reviewing the current Terms and Conditions of Use whenever you use the Website.
Types of Personal Information We Collect: We may collect the following categories of personal information from you or about you, although not all categories may be collected from or about every individual:
• Unique personal identifiers that may include, but are not limited to, your legal name or preferred alias, online identifiers like user account names, state and federal government ID number (where required), and your signature
• Demographic information such as your level of education, type of employment or other demographic information shared with us through third parties, such as social media or publicly available sources
• Contact information such as your email or postal address and phone number
• Financial and payment Information such as credit and debit card numbers.
• Behavioral information such as your purchase and transaction histories, geolocation data, IP Address collected from your computers and mobile devices, and information about what you do online, including your interactions with our social media posts, referring website address, content and pages you access on our Website or mobile apps, dates, times and locations when actions take place
• Inferences we make about you like demographic interest segments that we believe are relevant to you and your household based on analysis of other information we have collected
• Video and closed-circuit television (CCTV) recordings from inside our facilities for use in fraud investigations or other store operations
• Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
• Call center recordings or monitoring records from our customer contact centers
• Unique device or user ID
• System and browser type
• Other types of personal information that we may disclose to you prior to the point of first collection
How Your Information is Collected
Information You Provide to Us: We will collect personal information that you provide to us if you choose to use the Website to do any of the following: register to receive email newsletters or information about promotions, sweepstakes and contests; make a purchase; or communicate with us. If you chose not to provide such information, your participation may be limited. If, at any time, you would like to cancel your registration, please contact us at the address listed below. We also may collect personal information that you provide to us when you access our mobile applications, shop in our stores or email, call or otherwise communicate with us.
Information Collected Automatically: When you visit our Website, access our mobile apps or open one of our emails, we may automatically collect information about you using tracking technologies. This includes pages you visit on our Website, items you add to your online shopping list, coupons you download and redeem from us, and purchase information. In addition, we may collect information when you use our mobile apps, including device location (if you choose to turn this feature on). We use this technology for system administration and troubleshooting, to identify you so we can enhance your online experience, and to deliver targeted advertising. Video and closed-circuit television (CCTV) recordings from inside our stores, and call center recordings or monitoring records from our customer contact centers also may be automatically collected.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from delivery services, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
Associating Personal Information from Multiple Sources: We may link information collected from various sources with other information we already know about you.
Third-Party Technology: We use third-party technology to better understand your online behavior. By doing so, we can present relevant content online and send you relevant emails. Please see "Cookies and Other Technologies," below for additional information about third-party technology that we use.
Use of Personal Information: Foodland will retain your personal information in its database in order to help us serve you better. We may use your personal information the following ways:
• We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, coupons and promotional offers.
• We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our Website.
• We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Foodland.
• We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads. Please see "Cookies and Other Technologies," below.
• We may use information from you and others to perform research and make sure that we carry the products you want.
• We may release customer information as required or permitted to do so by federal, state, or local law, to respond to duly authorized information requests of legal or governmental regulatory authorities, or to enforce or protect the legal rights, property, or operations of Foodland, its employees, its agents or its customers.
Sharing Your Personal Information: We do not sell personally identifiable customer information. We may share information that we have collected within Foodland, and with subsidiaries and affiliates, with service providers, and with other third parties, for the following business purposes:
• Within Foodland and with our Affiliates: We may share your information within our company and our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purposes of decision making, reporting, management, analysis, administering programs, promoting service offerings and other business purposes.
• Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers who provide us support services such as hosting our websites, postal delivery and email, mobile messages, product and service delivery, conducting analysis to improve our products, websites and store experiences, fulfilling orders you place, managing payments and answering your questions. Service providers are authorized to use the information they receive from us only for the purposes we hired them for. We do not authorize them to retain, use, disclose or otherwise handle the data for their own purposes.
• Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may use and disclose information that does not personally identify you (including the information described under "Cookies and Other Technologies," below) for any purpose, except to the extent limited by applicable law. If we are required to treat such information as personal information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information.
Security: We implement and maintain reasonable security practices and procedures appropriate to the nature of the information we maintain, including appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your information on and offline. We also comply with payment card industry data security standards for the processing of credit and debit card transactions. Access to the information you provide is limited to Foodland employees and contractors who need it in order to serve customers or to maintain our information systems.
It is your responsibility to select a strong password, not reuse or share your password, and alert us if you have any concerns about unauthorized use of your account. We encourage you to use complex passwords and to change them regularly.
Personal Information Related to Children: Foodland is committed to protecting minors’ privacy on the Internet. We do not intend to, or knowingly, collect personal information online from minors (as defined by law) and we encourage parents or guardians to monitor children’s on-line activities. If your child has provided personal information, please contact us so we can delete it. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide us with any personal information without first obtaining your parents’ consent.
Cookies and Other Technologies: Foodland’s Website may also use "cookies" in certain areas to collect information. A "cookie" is a very small piece of information that tells our site that you have visited previously. Our site will send the "cookie" file to your browser. If your browser is set to accept cookies, the "cookie" will be stored as a file on your computer's hard drive. The "cookie" acts like an identity card each time you visit our site. Only our site can read the "cookie"; we cannot read "cookies" sent by other sites. We automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the Website. This information about your behavior on the Website is used by us so that we may better serve you and provide the products you wish.
We use Google Advertising and Remarketing to advertise Foodland across the Internet. Google AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the Foodland website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
If you do not wish to see ads from Foodland from Google or other online advertisers, you can opt out in the following ways:
Do-Not-Track Signals: Our Website currently does not respond to browser Do-Not-Track signals.
Opt-Out: You may opt out of receiving printed or electronic materials at any time by contacting us at the address shown in the “Contact Us” section of our Website. You may also use that to request that we stop sharing your personal information with third parties. Or Click here to contact us
Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data: To the extent required by applicable laws, you may have the right to access, correct, limit the use of or delete your personal data. You may contact us using the contact information above, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Maika`i Card: For privacy information related to your Maika`i Card please see the “Maika`i Card Terms and Conditions” found at the Maika`i Card section of our Website.
Changes to This Policy: Foodland reserves the right to revise and modify this Policy from time to time without notice. We will always post at the top of the Policy the date that it was last updated. In case of a conflict, this Policy supersedes any prior policies or agreements relating to privacy.